Nathalie Baker is a litigator practicing primarily in the area of municipal law. She has a particular interest in land use matters and issues of procedural fairness and represents landowners, developers, citizens groups and business owners on wide range of local government matters arising under the Local Government Act, the Community Charter and the Vancouver Charter.
Nathalie has represented clients in the Provincial Court of British Columbia on bylaw prosecution matters, in the Supreme Court of British Columbia on applications for judicial review and in the Court of Appeal. She also has experience before administrative tribunals, including the Board of Variance.
The daughter of former City of Vancouver councillor and well respected municipal lawyer, Jonathan Baker, she has had an interest in this area of law since well before she started practicing with her father in 2002.
- LL.B, University of Western Ontario (2001)
- Bachelor of Arts (French Literature), University of Victoria (1997)
- British Columbia (2002)
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of L’Association Des Juristes D’expression Francaise de la Colombie Britannique.
- Volunteer at Access Pro Bono (French Clinic)
Publications and Presentations