Sudhir K Padmanabhan
Sudhir Padmanabhan is a partner at our Vancouver office. Mr. Padmanabhan was admitted to the British Columbia Bar in 1992 and practiced with a national law firm until November 2009. He is a graduate of the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Laws in 1991 and a Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) in 1987.
Mr. Padmanabhan is a civil litigator in the areas of insurance, tort and commercial law matters. He has acted as defense counsel on numerous major loss personal injury claims including claims involving traumatic brain injury, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and catastrophic spinal cord injuries.
Mr. Padmanabhan is experienced in handling transportation law matters, as well as defending claims brought under long term disability policies, product liability cases, sports and recreation claims and in providing advice to insurers and brokers on coverage issues.
He has appeared in all levels of court in British Columbia and has conducted numerous trials in the British Columbia Supreme Court (including several jury trials). He has extensive experience in alternate forms of dispute resolution and has acted as counsel in approximately 200 mediations in insurance, tort, and commercial law matters. He has also acted as counsel in arbitrations concerning Underinsured Motorist Protection issues (“UMP”).
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association (Civil Litigation and Insurance Law Subsections)
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- “Social Networking Websites”, Defending Concussion Claims 2009 (Client Seminar, December 2009)
- “The Discovery Process”, British Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual (Annual Updates from 2005 to 2009) with Vincent R.K. Orchard, Q.C. and Dionysios Rossi.
- “Gone Fishing! – Some Thoughts on Discovery of Documents”, Personal Injury Practice, Continuing Legal Education (February 2008)
- “Opening and Closing Addresses in Jury Trials” (May 2006 Client Seminar)
- “Global Offers to Settle Multiple Causes of Action” (November 2004 Client Seminar)
- “Expert Reports: Form and Content” (June 2003 Client Seminar)
- “Rule 66”, Rules of Court: Pre-Trial Issues, Continuing Legal Education (May 2003)
- “Alternatives to Trial”, British Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practice Manual (January 2000 Original Write-up and Annual Updates to 2004) with Vincent R.K. Orchard, Q.C.
- “What you should do (and not do) after a fender bender”, The Vancouver Courier (December 15, 1999)
- “Athey v. Leonati: Reading the Entrails”, Proving Causation in Tort, Continuing Legal Education (January 1998) with Vincent R.K. Orchard, Q.C.
- “Summary Judgment”, Collections for Legal Support Staff, Continuing Legal Education (October 1997)
- “Taking the Litigation Drive-through: Summary Trials in Personal Injury Actions” (May 1997 Client Seminar)